What is the Youth Mentoring Program about?
Kwinana’s Youth Mentoring program aims to match young people with mentors interested in facilitating their personal and professional development.
The program works with young people between the ages of 10-18 from the local Kwinana area and links in with schools, local sporting clubs, volunteer and community groups and industry.The aims of the program are to:
- To create a high number of well matched, high quality mentor-mentee relationships
- To ensure there is a learning and development environment for mentors and mentees alike
- To improve the self-esteem of Kwinana’s young people
- To create a strongly supportive culture for mentors
- To enrich the lives of Kwinana’s young people by assisting in their personal development in order for them to make a positive impact in the community