Nominations for Round 22, 2017 are NOW OPEN!
The LyriK Awards offer an opportunity for young people in Kwinana to be publicly recognised for the positive contributions they are making to community.
Young people between the ages of 10-18 years old can be nominated for a LyriK Award by any member of the community. This includes teachers, coaches, family and friends! There are six categories that a young person can be nominated in for a LyriK Award with the winners of each category receiving a $250 incentive prize.
All nominees, their families and the people who have nominated a young person are invited to attend the next LyriK Awards Ceremony where the winners will be announced. Visit our gallery to see pictures from our most recent Awards Ceremony.
Further to this, all nominees will be given the opportunity to take part in the various development opportunities that the LyriK Program offers.
Nominating a young person can be done by completing our online nomination form. If you are looking for more information about the award categories then keep scrolling down!
This category recognises young people and groups whose achievement in the community, school, service groups or sporting clubs deserves recognition. Some examples of nominees could include a young person who:
- Is excelling in their academic studies, at work or on the sporting field.
- Has strived to achieve their best at all times in their chosen field.
This category is for young people who encourage others in a respectful way. These young people also display manners, personal ethics and strong principles. Some examples of nominees could include a young person who:
- Displays pride in their culture and has a sense of worth.
- Consistently shows respect to their peers, teachers and/or other community members.
This category is for young people that have demonstrated strong leadership skills through their behavior or efforts. These young people usually act as positive role models for other young people in the community. Some examples of nominees could include a young person:
- Who acts as a positive influence to others or encourages others in their pursuits.
- That have taken it upon themselves to raise awareness around an important issues.
This category is for a young person who may have assisted a friend through a difficult period of have demonstrated kindness or generosity to another in need. Some examples of nominees could include a young person that:
- Assists their friend when they are in trouble. This person may encourage their friend to seek help from other services.
- Assists another with homework, school project or learning a new skill.
This category recognises young people who have at some point overcome difficulties in their day to day life, such as issues relating to family, culture and health – and still contributed to their community. Some examples could include a young person who:
- Works tirelessly to recruit others for community events or positive awareness campaigns.
- Has overcome extreme odds to stay focused on personal goals or excel at academic or recreational pursuits.
This category recognises young people and groups that have demonstrated a commitment to working as a team. This may include a sporting club, school groups or a young person that has been a valued team member and demonstrated good team work skills. Some examples of nominees could include:
- A young person or group of young people who include others in the group, share the spotlight and are fundamental in the group achieving positive outcomes.
- A youth group or sporting club that has committed to a fundraising program for their club or charity.
To submit a nomination in one of the above categories head over to our online nomination form.
For more information about the LyriK Awards please contact the Community Development Officer – Youth for the City of Kwinana on 9236 4552 or email email@example.com.