This category is for young people that have demonstrated strong leadership skills through their behaviour or efforts. These young people usually act as positive role models for their peers, friends or other children and young people in the community. Examples include:
- A young person that has taken it upon themselves to raise awareness around an important issue
- A young person that acts as a positive influence to other young people or children
This category is for a young person to nominate their peers, friends or mates that they feel deserve recognition. These young people may have assisted a friend through a difficult period or have demonstrated kindness or generosity to another in need. Examples include:
- A young person that assists another who may have had an accident or experienced hardship
- A young person that assists a friend with homework or a school project
This category recognises young people who have at some point over come difficulties in their day to day life, such as issues relating to family, culture and health - and still contributed to their community. Examples include:
- A young person who is excelling at school, in their recreational pursuits despite hard ship or challenging life situations
- A young person who may have overcome extreme odds to achieve positive outcomes for themselves, their family or their community.
This category recognises young people and groups that have demonstrated a commitment to working as a team. This may include a sporting club, school groups or a young person that has been a valued team member and demonstrated good team work skills. Examples include:
- A sporting team that has committed to a fundraising program to purchase new equipment for their team / or charity
- A school group that works together to promote safety / or environment initiatives within their school
This category recognises young people and groups whose active achievement in community, schools, service groups and sporting clubs as been an inspiration to others. Examples include:
- A young person who is excelling in their sporting field
- A young person who wins a litery award
The LyriK Young Person / Group of the Year award aims to recognise and reward a young person and group who have demonstrated ongoing achievement or excellence in one of the LyriK categories. This person/group will have won a LyriK award and demonstrated ongoing improvement and commitment to their community, school or family. Examples from the categories above are applicable to this award.Nominate Now!
Nominations Now Open!
Nominations are now open for Round 16 of the LyriK Awards! We have already recognised some pretty amazing young people in our community so far this year however, for this round we are set to recognise even more. LyriK has now increased the age for nominations to 18 years old which means that any young person between the ages of 10 and 18 years old can now be nominated for, and win, a LyriK Award!
Due to the age range changes, there have also been some changes to the way that you nominate a young person. We will now have two age groups for each category (10-14 year olds and 15-18 year olds) which will now mean that we have 2 winners for each award...effectively doubing the amount of young people that we can recognise for their positive contribution! New nomination forms have been designed and printed and will start showing up around the comunity soon, however we haven't had a chance to change the nominating process online as yet. So, if you are choosing to nominate online (either via the online form or the downladable word doc) please indicate the age of the young person in the additional comments section. This will be updated very soon, but we will appreciate your co-operation with this in the mean time.
Aside from that, the nomination process remains largely the same. So with nominations closing 2nd November 2012, what are you waiting for? Start nominating!
New Video Up!
Our video from the most recent Award Ceremony is now up on youtube! So if you want to relive the night or just check out what happened then click here and enjoy!
And don't forget that nominations for Round 16 are now open. If you know a young person between the ages of 10-18 years old who deserves recognition for their positive contribution then make sure you fill out a nomination form and they could $150 better off and a star in our next video!